Monday, January 9, 2012

New Workout: A White Lie Workout: Phase 1

Hey there everybody!  The workout blog is back!  Since it's the new year, it's gonna be a new workout routine.
Here's the skinny: I am currently working on a movie called A White Lie, which takes place in the bodybuilding and fitness world, and focuses on an aspiring bodybuildier, Garrett, who must make peace with his gay twin brother while dealing with a stalker.  He also finds love in a girl named Helen.  It's a pretty wild ride.
My character is Andrew, who is both trained by Garrett as a bodybuilder, and by Helen, who runs a dance studio.  Thus, my character is a blend of both the bodybuilding and dance world; two places that value physical perfection.
How do I do this?  By kicking my own ass.  By the beginning of March, my director, Curtis James Salt, wants me to gain about 10-15 pounds of muscles, with most of that being in my upper body (arms and chest in particular).  In addition, I will most likely have to be doing lifts and I may have a shirtless scene or two, so I have to get well-defined.
Challenge?  You bet.
I say bring it on.
But first, let's check out some stats.  The goal is to gain about 10-15 pounds of muscle by the second week of March of this year, and to try and cut down to (minimally) 5% body fat.  These stats are to check my progress.  I am also taking stats based off of what I know for bodybuilding, so symmetry is also key.  Let's check them out:

Height - 6'2
Weight – 166 pounds 
Body Fat Percentage: 6.5%
Neck: 16 inches 
Shoulders: 47.5 inches
Chest: 40.5 inches
Waist above navel: 31.25 inches
Waist at navel: 32 inches
Waist at widest hip: 39.25 inches
Right Leg at Widest Point: 23 inches
Left Leg at Widest Point: 23 inches
Right Calf at Widest Point: 15.5 inches
Left Calf at Widest Point: 15.5 inches
Right Bicep Unflexed: 13 inches
Right Bicep Flexed: 15 inches
Left Bicep Unflexed: 13 inches
Left Bicep Flexed: 15 inches

Right Forearm at Widest Point: 12.5 inches
Left Forearm at Widest Point: 12.75 inches
Overall, not bad.  Now since I have to build my upper body, I'm doing a variation of a workout I did a few months back, called the Functional Fight Club Workout.  However, this workout is geared towards gaining functional weight, so I had to up the weight and lower the reps to gain the size needed.  Here's the result.  There are four circuits, each working on a specific part of the upper body: chest; triceps; back and biceps; shoulders.  Each of these circuits are done 3 times through, with little to no rest.  After each circuit is completed, you jump rope for 1 minute, followed by about a minute rest, to transition and set everything else up.  Let's check it out on paper!
A White Lie Workout: Phase 1: Upper Body and Core

Circuit 1: Chest: 3 times through, no rest
  • Incline Dumbbell Bench Press: 3x6: 50 pound dumbbells
  • Pushup: 3xAMAP: 15/15/15
  • Bent Arm Dumbbell Pullover: 3x6: 40 pounds
  • Cable Flys: 3x6: 50 pounds/55 pounds x2
Rest: Jump rope for 1 minute
Circuit 2: Triceps: 3 times through, no rest
  • Dips: 3x AMAP: 11/11/9
  • Triceps Rope Extension with Flare: 3x6: 80 pounds/85 pounds/85 pounds
  • TRX Triceps Extension: 3x6
Rest: Jump rope for 1 minute
Circuit 3: Back/Biceps: 3 times through, no rest
  • Pull Ups: 3x AMAP: 6/5/5
  • V-Handle Pulldown: 3x6: 100 pounds/105 pounds/105 pounds
  • TRX Row: 3x6
  • Dumbbell Clean and Press: 3x6/side: 35 pound dumbbell
Rest: Jump rope 1 minute
Circuit 4: Shoulders: 3 times through, no rest
  • TRX Inverted Press: 3x6/side
  • Thrusters: 3x6: 35 pound dumbbells
  • Single Arm Dumbbell Snatch: 3x6/side: 40 pound dumbbell
  • Dumbbell Lateral Raise: 3x6: 12 pound dumbbells
Rest: Jump rope for 1 minute
Overall, I'm pretty pleased.  In the coming weeks, I'll start posting photos of these exercises.  For now, check out a photo of me showing off my physique and check out the link below for our website, as well as our fundraising campaign for indiegogo!
You know you wanna fund this ;)



No comments:

Post a Comment